Friday, March 10, 2017

Bought: APD, D, OHI

The stock market continues to be very interesting these past couple of months.  Some days, it's up a lot; other days, it's down a lot.  My plan is to continue investing every month, although there are times where I struggle whether to hoard up cash until there's a huge pullback so I can buy good quality stocks at huge discounts.  But the opportunity cost could be that the stock market does not have a huge dip anytime soon, and my money would just be sitting there earning pretty much nothing and getting eaten away by inflation.

Thankfully, I found a few companies in the month of February that I decided to purchase:
  • I purchased 5 shares of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (APD) at $138 per share in my taxable brokerage account.  This is a dividend yield of 2.75%, adding $19 to my taxable dividend income.
  • I purchased 5 shares of Dominion Resources, Inc. (D) at $72 per share in my taxable brokerage account.  This is a dividend yield of 4.19%, adding $15.10 to my taxable dividend income.
  • I purchased 36 shares of Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (OHI) at $31 per share in my Roth IRA account.  This is a dividend yield of 8%, adding $89.28 to my non-taxable dividend income.
After these purchases, my non-taxable dividend income will increase by $89.28, and my taxable dividend income will increase by $34.10.

What do you think of my recent stock purchases?  Do you own any of the same companies?

4 comments:

  1. Good pickups been looking at D and have OHI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividendsandhobbies,

      I picked up D and OHI because I thought they were valued at a decent price and wanted to initiate a position.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I have held D and APD for a long, long time and recently added to my D last month along with SO. Nice pick ups. I'm also looking at the health REITs this month with LTC and CCP as potential pick ups. Maybe HCP too. Nice to see we are pretty much on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith,

      It appears that D and APD have given you great returns for holding onto them for a long time. I plan on buying and holding these companies for the long haul as well - forever if possible.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete